Seiten

Sonntag, 31. Mai 2015

Pittsburgh

Remember when I said that Boston is my favorite City here ? I'm not sure about that any more.

Last weekend I had the chance to go to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with my host dad and my host sister to visit family.
We stayed at Kurt's sister's house in a town about half an hour away from Pittsburgh. She was super nice and I felt like I was staying a hotel, because she made herself so much work just for us.
West Pennsylvania is amazing. They name Pennsylvania means actually "Penn's woods", so how the name says, there are so many trees! West Pennsylvania is very green and it was really beautiful with all the hills and woods.

Saturday we went to the actual City of Pittsburgh. First we went through a really long tunnel and after the tunnel we were right in the city. And it was so pretty, because before we drove through the tunnel, there were everywhere trees and after the tunnel we were in the city. 

We went there to see Melissa's exhibit in the museum she worked last summer. I learned that Heinz Ketchup comes from Pittsburgh! The part of the museum that we were looking at was especially about the second world war. Melissa could explain everything very well and after my U.S. history class, I'm even interested in history.

Sunday I met Kurt's 97 years old Father. He talked to me a little in German and showed me an old German instrument he had at his house. I also met the rest of Kurt's family. They are all really nice and I had a really nice day at his father's house.


me in front of a very old Pittsburgh train in the museum


Heinz Ketchup



Melissa in front of the museum


The colors of Pittsburgh are black and gold. I knew that before because the Pirates tricot is black and yellow and I saw that at the Baseball game I went to. So even this bridge is yellow!


Melissa's cousin found a baby cat. She feeds him  with a bottle and called himDexter.
Kurt feeding the baby cat


Dexter


Melissa and I 
When we were driving through the Tunnel to Pittsburgh





On our way home we stopped at a place to get lunch and from there we had this amazing view!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen